Friday 12 April 2013

Accepting Help


Living so far away from our parents (3hour drive each way) we have learnt to be pretty self-sufficient when it comes to looking after Monkey.

We rarely go out together and on the odd wedding anniversary when we have gone out a friend has watched Monkey and we have gone to the restaurant down the road.

In fact, we have only both been away from Monkey at the same time for one night and even then we only went to a hotel 40 minutes away!
And so I am feeling some trepidation as we approach our house move having decided that Monkey should go and stay with his grandparents for a couple of days while we move.
I’m a self-confessed over-protective mum and despite knowing very well that his grandparents will care for him amazingly well I am still nervous. It’s probably such a silly thing but it's because I don’t want him to think that I have abandoned him! I don’t want him to think that I am prioritising something else over him - even though that is what I am doing. 
But as he’s already in nursery 4 days a week and I work full time – I always feel like I shouldn’t give up a single second that I have with him.
At the same time I am of sane mind and I know it will be 100% less stressful to not have Monkey around when we are moving (I already have a thing about house moves anyway). The idea of just having him gone for a couple of days to allow us to sort out the house is very appealing. Hopefully it’ll be more than enough of a distraction so I don’t miss him too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment